[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio (V5) incorrect rate detection on usb sound card with raspberry

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 04:21:23 PDT 2014

30.10.2014 16:12, mailing lists wrote:
>> To debug the issue, I need the output of these two commands:
>>
>> aplay -vv -d 1 -f cd -D hw:0 /dev/zero
>>
>> aplay -vv -d 1 -f cd -D front:0 /dev/zero
>
> I'm sorry, here they are:
>
> root at rpi:~# aplay -vv -d 1 -f cd -D hw:0 /dev/zero
> Playing raw data '/dev/zero' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
> Hardware PCM card 0 'USB Audio CODEC' device 0 subdevice 0
<...>

This is correct.

> root at rpi:~#
>
> root at rpi:~# aplay -vv -d 1 -f cd -D front:0 /dev/zero
> Playing raw data '/dev/zero' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
> Plug PCM: Rate conversion PCM (48000, sformat=S16_LE)
<...>
> Slave: Direct Stream Mixing PCM

And this is wrong. However, the strace from the previous email did not
find any custom ALSA configuration files that could affect the outcome.
Thus, I conclude that you, or maybe some stupid script that you ran,
modified some file in /usr/share/alsa in a bad way in the past. Please
reinstall alsa-lib (which may be known as libasound2 in some
Debian-based distributions).

Or, please tar up the whole /usr/share/alsa directory and send the
tarball here, and I'll look what exactly is damaged there.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov