[pulseaudio-discuss] Microphone noise cancelation

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Mon Sep 8 06:02:45 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have an embedded audio chipset [1] with too much noise on my microphone
input and it is unusable as is.
Could there be an option to remove this noise ?
I know it is possible because windows has such option wich works great.
I tried pulseaudio module-echo-cancel but it did not improve a lot.
To illustrate what kind of noise I am talking about you can find a short
recording here :
http://www.celeos.eu/tmp/test-mic.wav

Best regards,
Sébastien.

[1]
Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio
Controller (rev 04)
ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]