[pulseaudio-discuss] No dynamic ACLs on /dev/snd/* when opening a new virtual terminal via openvt

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Thu Sep 18 23:39:12 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-09-18 at 10:14 -0400, Alex K wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, Tanu.
>

> Could you please clarify what kind of session do you have in mind, how
> would I check for a list of these sessions? I'll proceed with my
> troubleshooting from there. Apparently, all I need is to make openvt
> to create a session.

"loginctl list-sessions" will show what sessions exit, and "loginctl
show-session ID" will show the properties of the session identified by
ID. In the show-session output, the "Active" property will tell you
whether the session is active or not (if it's active, the session's user
should have access to the devices of the session's seat).

I don't know how the session creation works.