[pulseaudio-discuss] Patch review status wiki page updated

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 03:28:37 PDT 2014

21.09.2014 16:19, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> Patch review status updated:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/PatchStatus/

"Reduce hardware pointer update syscalls" is not exactly "waiting for
review". I have tested it and found it to fail an assertion when the
sink is autosuspended. Also I did some profiling using perf, but testing
on one card does not give enough justification to reject the patch on
the "no performance improvement" basis. It does look like a valid
cleanup and simplification attempt, though.

Of course this cannot count as a proper review, but, due to the failed
assertion, the need for a new version of the patch is quite obvious at
this point.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov