[pulseaudio-discuss] Patch review status wiki page updated

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Sun Sep 21 16:20:23 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-21 12:28, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> 21.09.2014 16:19, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
>> Patch review status updated:
>> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/PatchStatus/
>
> "Reduce hardware pointer update syscalls" is not exactly "waiting for
> review". I have tested it and found it to fail an assertion when the
> sink is autosuspended. Also I did some profiling using perf, but testing
> on one card does not give enough justification to reject the patch on
> the "no performance improvement" basis. It does look like a valid
> cleanup and simplification attempt, though.
>
> Of course this cannot count as a proper review, but, due to the failed
> assertion, the need for a new version of the patch is quite obvious at
> this point.

I'm currently waiting for Peter to see if he notices any substantial
perfomance improvements on his card(s). If he does, it makes sense to
submit a new, and more robust, version. If not, maybe it's easier to
just drop the idea (no use optimising things that don't take much time
anyway).

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic