[pulseaudio-discuss] Bringing up new audio driver and pulse is not happy

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 11:08:46 PDT 2014

22.09.2014 23:50, jonsmirl at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm bringing up an ALSA driver - 1c22400.iis-sgtl5000. This driver works
> fine with aplay.
>
> Something I'm doing in the driver is not making pulse happy. This is a
> trace with one terminal running 'pulseaudio' and a second doing 'paplay
> left.wav''. I don't hear anything when plays.
>
> If I don't load "load-module module-rtp-recv" I can play left.wav under
> pulse without problem. Does this speex resampler work on ARM? I have
> NEON FPU.

Probably your speex has been compiled with --enable-fixed-point.
Unfortunately, this does not work by default with PulseAudio 5.0 and its
default speex-float-1 resampler. You either have to change the resampler
manually to speex-fixed-1 in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf or apply this fix:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/?id=ac984f59d36ef555bc5b0df9af1cd48193d0d14f

--
Alexander E. Patrakov