[pulseaudio-discuss] LFE remixing

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Sep 30 06:07:45 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-26 14:17, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> A summary of my proposal:
>
> To add LFE low-pass filtering, just hack the current remixer
> implementation, no need for interface changes anywhere.

Actually, I think this could be good enough, at least as a first step.

Do you think it would be okay to:

  - Implement a LR2 or LR4 filter by "hacking the current remixer
implementation"

  - This requires us to add a "lfe-cutoff" parameter in daemon.conf, we
can have a default of 120 Hz [1]. We could also have a special value of
-1 meaning the current behaviour, i e sending a mix to lfe and leave the
non-lfe channels unchanged

  - When the filter is in place, we can enable-lfe-remixing by default.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic

[1] Suitable for bikeshed discussions