[pulseaudio-discuss] drain latency with echo-cancel

Heero Yui yui.heero at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 06:35:19 PDT 2014

Hello

I have write a simple echo suppressor inside the echo-cancel module (it is
based on "null" version).
When I activated it, I also open input and output channels, the module work
correctly.
I launch it with (same with null):
pacmd load-module module-echo-cancel aec_method=null
source_master=alsa_input.0.input-microphones adjust_time=1
pacmd set-default-source alsa_input.0.input-microphones.echo-cancel
pacmd set-default-sink alsa_output.0.output-speakers.echo-cancel

The problem: When I open an other output, at the flush request, it take
like 1 or 2 second more time as when I have not activate the echo canceller
(work with a paplay)

And I did not understand why!

Thanks for your answers.

HY