[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] Patchwork used to track patches

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Dec 11 02:15:59 PST 2015

Hi,

As some of you have noticed, we have started to use Patchwork to track
patches submitted to PulseAudio.

This means that the recommended way to submit patches is to use "git
send-email" [1] with pulseaudio-discuss at lists.freedesktop.org as
recipient, this way they'll automatically end up in Patchwork.

Our patchwork is hosted at:
http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/project/pulseaudio/
and you can see the status of all patches here [2].

With help from some clever scripting by Alexander Patrakov (thanks!)
I've gone through unreviewed patches between May 2015 and up until the
day the Patchwork instance was set up. I might have missed something though.

Unfortunately, while a new Patchwork system helps the review process for
us maintainers, it does not increase the review bandwidth, which
especially hurts larger, more complex patch sets.

If you feel your patch is being ignored, here are a few things you can
do to try to help:

  * Resend your patch series (to the mailinglist), preferrably rebased
on top of git master.

  * Come bug us on IRC (#pulseaudio on freenode), e g the person who you
think is most qualified to review your particular patch. Most of us are
in a European timezone.

  * Review other people's patches. Not only does this help us get to
your patch sooner, it also gives you a warm fuzzy feeling. :-)

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic

[1]