[pulseaudio-discuss] Since pulseaudio 5 speaker output is on headphones channel, and plugging/unplugging headphones resets settings

Mark Caglienzi mark.caglienzi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 13:25:30 PST 2015

Hello to all on the list,
I submitted this bug report on the Debian BTS:
regarding pulseaudio >= 5.x and I was instructed to ask
the same question here.

The bug report contains all the logs with pulseaudio 4.x
(the last version that works correctly in my system) and
pulseaudio 7.x (the version currently in Debian Testing,
that does not work).

I tried months ago with pulseaudio 5.x and then I pinned
apt to pulseaudio 4.x. After a dist-upgrade I tried pulseaudio
7.x hoping for something better, but I experienced the same
problem.

For the description of the problem and the verbose log files
you can click on the DBTS link for the #808170 bug.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

PS: Can you CC me as I'm not subscribed to the mailing list, please?