[pulseaudio-discuss] External microphone noise reduction

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Tue Feb 10 11:17:02 PST 2015

On 02/10/2015 02:12 AM, David Henningsson wrote:
> Are you sure that the problem is with the mic and not with the laptop?

Yes, because the problem did not occur with older earbuds (that broke)
and the internal microphone is working fine too. Laptop is a Thinkpad X1
Carbon 2nd gen, fwiw.

> PulseAudio does not currently have any noise reduction to filter out
> static.

In that case I suppose I'll investigate ways to keep using the internal
microphone even when headphones with a mike are plugged in. I could not
get that to work, but perhaps I didn't try hard enough.

Thanks,
-C.