[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC] pulseaudio: udev: use ID_MODEL/ID_VENDOR to give friendly name for FireWire devices

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Feb 16 02:17:36 PST 2015

Hi Takashi and sorry for the slow reply as we were trying to focus on
getting the PA 6.0 release out.

I think in general you should talk to the udev people first and see what
they recommend. If discussions stall or so, I'm happy to apply your
workaround patch, assuming you have tested it and device.description
then reports something nice (such as e g "Presonus FP10").

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic