[pulseaudio-discuss] bluetooth: problem with old headset

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Sat Feb 21 14:14:55 PST 2015

Hello,

I have an issue with the native backend (or rather with bluetooth) and
my old
Plantronics 590 headset. With my new headset (a Plantronics Backbeat Pro)
everything works fine, so I think the basic setup is correct.

With the Plantronics 590, the connect() call in bluez5_sco_acquire_cb
returns
"Protocol not supported". The headset itself is functional, I tested
with my mobile.

I do not even get it working with Bluez4, same error. Any idea what could be
wrong? Some kernel option I am missing?

Regards
              Georg