[pulseaudio-discuss] Wireless headset-receiver connection event or status (Logitech H800)

Alexander Cherednichenko lexaux at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 13:43:41 PST 2015

Hello friends.

I am not sure I am posting to the right group, so please excuse me if that
question is resolved somewhere in udev or even deeper.

The issue I'm trying to fix - i own a Logitech H800 headset, and run Arch
with PA. The headset comes with a small USB receiver, so it is not used via
bluetooth/bluetooth stack.

The way it works now - as soon as I plug in the USB receiver, the PA
switches all apps (both sink and source) to this new card (named "Logitech
Wireless Headset").

At the same time, having the USB receiver plugged in does not mean that the
headset itself is actually connected - it may be powered off or out of
range etc. I would like it to switch to the headset and back to internal
speakirs depending on the status of headset-receiver connection, not
laptop-receiver.

Is it possible at all?

So far I've tried following as a root:
 * watching log generally (journalctl -f, switch headset off/on, wait for
connection)
 * udevadm monitor, switching headset back and force, waiting for connection
Both yield no results - e.g. no events are generated at this level.

I am myself rather noobish in linux, but with some programming background.
I would much appreciate if community points me at where to look (source
events at least, or they are not emitted at all?)

Thanks a lot!
--
Alexander Cherednichenko
[ the only way out is the way up ]