[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio on Ubuntu on Hyper-V gen2 VM

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Thu Jan 22 01:51:23 PST 2015

On Fri, 2015-01-16 at 17:56 -0800, Ralph Marcelo Kuon Graziano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am connecting from a Windows 8.1 PC via RDP into a generation 2
> Hyper-V VM running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
>
> I have MATE desktop on the Ubuntu machine and am using XRDP as the
> server.
>
> I found this thread, which leads me to believe that it should work
> perfectly if I were running Ubuntu on a regular PC.
> [pulseaudio-discuss] xrdp pulse sink

The XRDP work was never finished, so there's no XRDP support in
PulseAudio.

> PS - I am now studying programming, just finished a refresher in C and
> am studying Java.  Up to six years ago, worked in the telecom field,
> in Systems Integration as a Solution Architect for Revenue Chain
> Management, which was about 30% SW analysis, 20% SW programming, and
> other duties.  My major was engineering, but I ended up making a
> career in Systems Integration.  My point being I took some programming
> classes at my university, and made a career out of it, but never had
> formal Computer Science training.  I am really interested in moving
> into professional software development, and would be happy to help out
> as an opportunity to learn, develop skills, familiarize myself with
> code that's in use out there, etc.  - I'm not sure I can be of any
> help, but if so, let me know where to begin.

So you're volunteering to help with PulseAudio development? Great! Is
there anything particular that you'd be interested in improving (well,
at least XRDP support I guess)?

If you'd just prefer to start with some random simple tasks, I should be
able to come up with something. Perhaps it would be best if we'd have a
chat in IRC. My nick is "tanuk", the channel is #pulseaudio at
freenode.net. I won't be around the during the next weekend (Fri-Sun),
though, but today or next week would be fine.