[pulseaudio-discuss] Some bogus ports

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Jan 26 02:37:08 PST 2015

On 2015-01-25 13:52, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have noticed some ports in my "pactl list cards" output, that I
> think should not be there.
>
> 1. iec958-stereo-input on my webcam

This one is very likely an alsa-lib thing. See
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-lib/+bug/1002952 for more
information.

> 2. analog-output on my analog card (because this should be already
> covered by analog-output-lineout)
>
> Attached are the "pactl list cards" output and pulseaudio verbose log.

Hmm, I thought Tanu fixed a few of these bugs - or were the patches
never merged? Tanu?

> Please note: I have some jack overrides installed in order to hide
> "front panel" jacks that my motherboard has, but the case doesn't have
> (so I can't connect anything to them). Besides, if I don't hide these
> jacks, they sometimes pick up spurious jack-detection events.

I see you use my hda-jack-retask tool, cool :-)

Anyhow the spurious jack detection events from your card in particular
is a known issue - we've disabled jack detection in kernel for the
headphone jack.

// David