[pulseaudio-discuss] Conditional loading of sink-dependant modules with pluggable (USB) devices?

Rene Bartsch ml at bartschnet.de
Wed Jul 22 03:07:36 PDT 2015

Hi,

I want to load the modules module-remap-source, module-remap-sink,
module-mmkbd-evdev and module-loopback for USB audio-devices. On Ubuntu
15.04 Pulseaudio always complains "Failed to load module XXX" and exits
when the USB audio-device is not connected on start of Pulseaudio.
Encapsulation in ".fail ... .nofail" has no effect.

How can I load modules for removable devices without breaking
Pulseaudio?

--
Best regards,

Renne