[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio newbie questions

Rick Mud r.mud at chello.nl
Sun Jun 21 02:19:54 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have some newbie question about Pulseaudio. Firstly, let me explain
what I've got working for now. I am now able to stream music from one
Raspberry Pi to another Raspberry Pi. The receiving end is fitted with
high quality DAC, and connected to an amplifier.

My first question:
1) is the receiving end, in Pulseaudio terms, a client, or a server?

I want a multi-room solution, streaming the same music from one sender
to multiple Pi's, all connected to an amplifier. My second question:

2) Is it possible to distribute music from one sender to multiple
receivers at the same time?

Maybe these questions are just too 'newbie', but I guess it will help
me, or please give directions where to look.

Thanks in advance,
Rick