[pulseaudio-discuss] troubleshooting asynchronous API for recording audio

Andrew Kelley superjoe30 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 12:09:06 PDT 2015

I'm using the asynchronous API to record audio from a source. I'm able to
obtain about 1-5 seconds of audio and then every time I call
pa_stream_peek, I get nbytes = 0. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

I have verified that the stream is not corked, not suspended, and I am in
fact calling pa_stream_drop every time that nbytes > 0. I also noticed that
when nbytes starts being 0 always, this other stream I have open, which is
a playback stream, also stops having room for playback buffers.

This is pulseaudio version 1:4.0-0ubuntu22.