[pulseaudio-discuss] Better naming for HDMI/DisplayPort

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Mar 18 13:02:46 PDT 2015

I came across this link [1], where they test a Thunderbolt connection
and finds it to show up as "HDMI/Displayport 2". Maybe
"HDMI/DisplayPort/Thunderbolt 2" is too long, so we should perhaps come
up with something better. E g, how about "Video Link 2"?

(That said, maybe I should write some patch that picks the ELD monitor
name up and shows that instead in the GUI, but that does not invalidate
this issue anyhow.)

// David

[1]
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/03/review-dell-m3800-developer-edition-is-a-great-linux-pc-with-a-few-rough-edges/3/