[pulseaudio-discuss] need help with audio sync

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Tue May 5 23:05:20 PDT 2015

On 06.05.2015 04:17, golden wrote:

> Dear PulseAudio folks,
>

>       We are using PulseAudio in our automotive project, the progress is pretty good so far.
>       I need some help for solving the sync problems between two speakers.
>      The pic below is the data flow of the two speakers:
>

>     without any syncing method, what we hear from the front-speaker is
> ahead of the rear-speaker (real-spear is slower for sure), our goal is
> that make the rear-speaker almost sync with (or catch up) the front
> speaker.

Hi,

with your manipulation of the audio and with module-loopback you
introduce quite a lot of latency into the
first path. Maybe you can simply set the latency of alsa-sink.1 larger
than that of alsa-sink.0, not sure if this works.
Otherwise I would suggest to make the paths look more or less
equivalent, that would mean putting a
module-loopback into the front speaker path.

You could also try and use my (not yet reviewed) patches for
module-loopback at
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.pulseaudio.general/22956
which allow a better control over the latency introduced by the module.
If you use the patches and have a module-loopback in both paths you
should be able to fully synchronize
them by adjusting the latencies of the two modules.

Regards
             Georg