[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio playback from within a container WITHOUT tcp

Kai Hendry kai.hendry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 01:32:21 PST 2015

Hi there,

Strictly speaking, what is needed to be shared by the host so that a
container can playback sound?

I have been struggling hours with pulseaudio and I'm at the end of my tether.

I have a working setup using --disable-shm=true  which doesn't make a
whole lot of sense to me.

http://dabase.com/e/12009/

As you can see I am also sharing the files:

* ~/.config/pulse
* /run/user/1000/pulse
* /dev/snd

And to top it all I found that it only works when I have the exactly
the same named user in the container. Only in Chromium.

Would be great if someone could offer some clarity here. Wish it was
so complicated. :(

Many thanks,