[pulseaudio-discuss] Native equalizer PulseAudio

Erotavlas_turbo at libero.it Erotavlas_turbo at libero.it
Sun Oct 4 01:55:47 PDT 2015

Hi,
I have a question about the equalizer plug in of PulseAudio. I have used the equalizer via GUI pqaeq for many times and now I would like to use it directly from command line. My idea is to generate a set of presets and pass them, once at time, to the equalizer via command line. Is it possible? What is the status of the plug in? I read here that is unsupported https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Talk:PulseAudio#Equalizer_module_is_unsupported. Do you recommend to install it from source or via repository (I use Debian without GUI) http://www.webupd8.org/2013/03/install-pulseaudio-with-built-in-system.html?
What I would like to reproduce is the operation of alsaequal for alsamixer http://www.thedigitalmachine.net/alsaequal.html with the native equalizer of PulseAudio since the latter has a lot of more features compared to alsa driver. What do you think?
Thank you