[pulseaudio-discuss] Allowing anonymous structs and unions

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 23:27:55 PDT 2015

On 09/23/2015 02:12 AM, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We haven't been using anonymous structs and unions so far, because
> they've been non-standard in the past. C11 added support for them,
> however. GCC has supported them longer than that, I don't know about
> other compilers. Anonymous structs and unions are nice, and I think we
> should start allowing them. Any objections?

I think it would be a good idea to send one small example patch that
makes a use of them, just to demonstrate where exactly in PulseAudio
they would make the code more elegant.

In my opinion, they represent a natural way to declare data types that
can contain either one set of fields or the other. So, a priori, I have
no objections.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov