[pulseaudio-discuss] Issues with HSP profile on Bluetooth Headset

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Sat Apr 2 07:00:58 UTC 2016

On 02.04.2016 03:38, Jerome Leclanche wrote:
> So I compiled pulseaudio with:
>          --enable-bluez5 \
>          --enable-bluez5-ofono-headset \
>          --disable-bluez5-native-headset \
>          --disable-hal-compat \
>          --disable-bluez4
>
> Despite that, I'm still getting:
> W: [pulseaudio] module-bluez5-device.c: Refused to switch profile to
> headset_head_unit: Not connected
>
> A2DP works as expected. HSP/HFP shows as unavailable. ofono is running
> (under systemd - compiled & installed from
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ofono/).
>
> pactl list output for the headset card:
>
> Card #3
>          Name: bluez_card.A0_14_3D_6B_E6_7F
>          Driver: module-bluez5-device.c
>          Owner Module: 26
>          Properties:
>                  device.description = "Parrot ZIK 3.0 V3.01"
>                  device.string = "A0:14:3D:6B:E6:7F"
>                  device.api = "bluez"
>                  device.class = "sound"
>                  device.bus = "bluetooth"
>                  device.form_factor = "hands-free"
>                  bluez.path = "/org/bluez/hci0/dev_A0_14_3D_6B_E6_7F"
>                  bluez.class = "0x240408"
>                  bluez.alias = "Parrot ZIK 3.0 V3.01"
>                  device.icon_name = "audio-handsfree-bluetooth"
>                  device.intended_roles = "phone"
>          Profiles:
>                  a2dp_sink: High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink) (sinks:
> 1, sources: 0, priority: 10, available: yes)
>                  headset_head_unit: Headset Head Unit (HSP/HFP) (sinks:
> 1, sources: 1, priority: 20, available: no)
>                  off: Off (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
>          Active Profile: a2dp_sink
>          Ports:
>                  handsfree-output: Handsfree (priority: 0, latency
> offset: 0 usec, available)
>                          Part of profile(s): a2dp_sink, headset_head_unit
>                  handsfree-input: Handsfree (priority: 0, latency
> offset: 0 usec, not available)
>                          Part of profile(s): headset_head_unit
>
> Have I missed something?
> J. Leclanche

Are you running ofono? Do you have a modem in your system?
Without modem, ofono will refuse to connect headsets. If you
don't have a modem, you can use the emulator that comes with
ofono. I have been testing this about a year ago. I got to the
point that ofono connected the headset, but it was not visible
in pulse at that time.
Actually you don't need to compile pulse without the native
backend. There is a switch for module-bluetooth-discover,
headset=native/auto/ofono.