[pulseaudio-discuss] Splitting ALSA card ports into seperate Sinks

S0lll0s S0lll0s at blinkenshell.org
Sat Apr 2 17:55:19 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,
I am trying to get simultaneous output on the Line Out and Headphones
outputs of my Intel HD Audio (AsRock Z97 motherboard) chipset and PC
case. With the default pulseaudio configuration in pavucontrol I can
choose Analog Stereo Duplex and then select either the "Line Out" or
"Headphones" port under "Output Devices", but I would like to have
simultaneous output on both (by having a seperate sink for each).

Here is my alsa-info.sh output, please ignore the NVidia output
provided by my GPU as I would like to not use it if possible:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=b7e5097f7a899aa5294b147b23cbb877db3b6f3c
And this is what "pacmd list-sinks" says about the Built-In audio sink:
http://hastebin.com/bonadehimu

as you can see, there are two "ports" available that I would like to
seperate into two sinks. I found about "module-remap-sink" but that only
allows you to split surround sound streams, and I also tried making a
second sink but I think there can only be one sink per device usually.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to any helpful information.