[pulseaudio-discuss] Splitting ALSA card ports into seperate Sinks

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 02:35:16 UTC 2016

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=b7e5097f7a899aa5294b147b23cbb877db3b6f3c
> > And this is what "pacmd list-sinks" says about the Built-In audio sink:
> > http://hastebin.com/bonadehimu
>
> It's not possible to have independent line out and headphone output on
> your hardware. There is only one analog device on your card.
>
> --

The easy way to output same audio to both output is disable drivers auto
mute mode and change pulseaudio conf files

Simple mixer control 'Auto-Mute Mode',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Disabled' 'Enabled'
Item0: 'Enabled'

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000007156.html

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/tree/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt

You have to ask Tiwai to enable independent hp for your realtek codec on
desktop ( e.g. no internal mic and hda controller
support enough SDO)

You can specify hint indep_hp=1 by early patching,  the driver
automatically disable automute when you switch on independent hp switch

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/tree/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Controls.txt

Independent HP When this enum control is enabled, the headphone output is
routed from an individual stream (the third PCM such as hw:0,2) instead of
the primary stream