[pulseaudio-discuss] How to disable microphone auto adjust?

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:27:31 UTC 2016

19.04.2016 19:17, Luis Cavalheiro пишет:
> Guys, I want to disable microphone auto adjust. I found this feature
> very annoying (my voice is very irregular, which means mic input volume
> jumps from 50% to 100% in less than 10s and then back to 50% in same
> amount of time), and I need to turn it off. Sadly to me, even with
> Google help I couldn't find any documentation about how to disable
> microphone auto adjust. Things I've tried:
> - turn off flat volumes and deferrence on daemon.conf;
> - turn off all mic boost volumes on default.pa <http://default.pa>.
> I would love any advice about how to disable PulseAudio microphone auto
> adjustment. Honestly, mic auto adjust is bullshit and I'm tired of it.

Hello.

PulseAudio, by itself, auto-adjusts microphone input only if
module-echo-cancel is loaded. However, it is not the loaded by default,
so it's more likely that some application (Skype or Chromium, most
probably) adjusts the gain for you.

For further troubleshooting, please provide the output of these two
commands (run them as your user, not as root) when you find that the
microphone gain has been adjusted against your will:

LC_ALL=C pactl list sources
LC_ALL=C pactl list source-outputs

--
Alexander E. Patrakov