[pulseaudio-discuss] mainloop n defer events assertion

John Promersberger jpromersberger at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 21:30:29 UTC 2016

Noob.

I thought my code was doing really well, but it has started to terminate on the mainloop assertion where the number of deferred events is greater than 0 (mainloop.c: ~280 if I remember correctly). Looks like it is in mainloop->defer_enable().   Seems to mostly occur when I'm corking/fllushing/disconnecting/decrementing reference count of a stream.  After I tear down the stream, I build a different stream to play a different sound.  I've since taken out the corking of the stream.

I couldn't find anything useful to read regarding this.  I'm not creating an deferred events explicitly myself.

Any ideas that could resolve this?

Thanks.