[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth A2DP AAC passthrough?

Nicole Færber nicole.faerber at dpin.de
Wed Apr 27 14:53:16 UTC 2016

Hello,

I know this has been a topic several times now. I searched the
mailinglist archives, FAQ, current GIT and other internet resources for
a practical way with current versions of BlueZ5 and Pulse Audio but it
seems that most proposed patches have been dropped, am I correct with
this assessment?

My personal goal would be to have a mode to playback AAC content to a
paired and connected A2DP device capable of A2DP-AAC - in my case a
Parrot Zik2.0. If such a way already exists I would be really happy for
an advice on how to actually use it, e.g. using paplay?

If such a mode does not yet exist are there plans to implement other
codecs? At least as pass-through? What is needed? Is it already being
worked on? Can I give a hand? As usual time is limited and my knowledge
on A2DP and especially Pulse Audio is limited but I am willing to help.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers
  nicole

--