[pulseaudio-discuss] Input sound random detection.

Gustavo Duarte gus.duarte at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:48:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

We are having problem with call conference apps like Skype and Hangout.
The issue is that, sometime the microphone is detected and not.

I'll try to explain how it is happens.

1) Boot the laptop.
2) Open Skype, and call to "Echo / Sound Test Service"
3) Record a message, and nothing is recorded, i can see how Skype
increase the input volume level to 100% trying to detect input.
4) Go to sound settings, select input tabs, see the input volume is on
100%, and the indicator bar is like disable, isn't detecting sound input.
5) Change the volume to 20% and the indication bar start to showing
input signal detection.
6) Open Skype, and call "Echo / Sound Test Service".
7) Record a message, and it is recorder, I can heard the message.

Is like, the input start working after i change the volumen input
setings levels.

I'm not sure, if the problem is on PulseAudio or in AlsaDrivers.

I attach the pulseaudio logs, (enabled following this instructions:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio/Log)

The logs was recorder during the test described above, steps 1 to 7.

The test environment is:
===============

Laptop brand Positivo BGH;

Sist. Op: Ubuntu 14.04

Sound card info:

alsa.card_name = "HDA Intel PCH"
alsa.driver_name = "snd_hda_intel"
device.vendor.name = "Intel Croporation"
device.product.id = "0f04"
device.product.name = "ValleyView High Definition Audio Controll"

Somebody can tell me, based on logs if the problem is on PulseAudio or
on AlsaDriver ?
Do you need another information or logs ?

Thanks in advance.

Gustavo Duarte.