[pulseaudio-discuss] Endpoints switching rules

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed Dec 7 12:40:45 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-12-07 at 14:35 +0200, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-12-07 at 17:09 +0530, Nishit Sharma wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > In my setup i am facing issues:-
> > Initially Speaker is on and file played can be heard from Speaker, Now when
> > headset/headphone plugged in pulseaudio switches to headset/headphones as
> > per the UCM config files which is working fine. Problem comes when
> > switching from headphones/headset to speaker. I am unable to hear anything
> > and when alsamixer has been checked Speaker was off. Pulseaudio spewed
> > messages:-
>
> If you're using UCM, the individual alsa mixer elements are controlled
> by the UCM configuration, not pulseaudio. Perhaps your speaker device
> enable sequence doesn't include setting Speaker to on.

Sorry, I replied without reading the error messages in detail. It looks
like switching the profile fails. Your description talks about speakers
and headphones, but the log shows that we try to switch to HDMI. Is
HDMI the same as speakers? Or should pulseaudio not try to switch to
HDMI? What does "pactl list cards" print first when headphones are
plugged in, and what does it print after you've plugged them out?

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk