[pulseaudio-discuss] Problem with switch-on-connect

Nikolay Amiantov ab at fmap.me
Wed Feb 3 13:03:35 PST 2016

Hi all,

I have a laptop with an internal audio output device and wireless
headphones with a USB dongle which registers itself as an another
device. I want fallback device and all current and future audio streams
to automatically switch to headphones when I plug them in. From reading
manuals, it seems I need combination of two modules:

* module-switch-on-connect to switch all current streams and fallback
device to the new one on connect;
* module-stream-restore restore_device=false to forget all device
settings, so all new streams are connected to the fallback device, which
should be headphones.

Alas, it doesn't work for me -- on connection the fallback device is
switched, but not current streams neither future ones. If I kill
pulseaudio and clear ~/.config/pulse things seem to work correctly for
some time, but stop after that! I haven't yet been able to understand
exactly what is needed to happen for this to stop working.

Any ideas what should I do? Thanks in advance!

I use pulseaudio 7.1 on NixOS (a Linux distribution).
My configuration file:
https://github.com/abbradar/dotfiles/blob/master/default.pa

--
Nikolay.