[pulseaudio-discuss] Rerouting an automatically created loopback?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Feb 11 11:34:29 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-02-10 at 17:37 +0100, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> Hi,
>
> upon pairing a phone I automatically get an A2DP source. And when
> playing sound from that phone it plays back on the PC through an
> autocreated loopback.
>
> However the loopbacked sound comes out of the wrong pair of speakers. In
> "pavucontrol" under "Recording" I see the loopback and can mute it or
> so. But I didn't find a way there so select what speakers the loopback
> goes out through?
>
> Or is there a "routing-GUI" (like with Jack?) besides the functionality
> in pavucontrol?

module-loopback creates two streams: one to connect to the source
device and one to connect to the sink device. If you want to change
where the loopback plays, you'll have to move the playback side stream.
You should be able to do this with pavucontrol. If the Playback tab
doesn't have an entry for the loopback, choose "All Streams" from the
"Show:" drop-down menu.