[pulseaudio-discuss] hard channel mapping issue

Dennis Heuer einz at verschwendbare-verweise.seinswende.de
Sun Feb 14 16:37:41 CET 2016

Hello,

seems that I was wrong. The issue still exists. The channel mapping is
still wrong (all these left-of and right-of entries.) Now I have 5.1
but the voice is more to the left and, generally, the sound is weak and
the right is even more weak.

Also, please excuse, I first took wrong chip info from the wrong manual.

output of pactl stat:

Currently in use: 20 blocks containing 228,2 KiB bytes total.
Allocated during whole lifetime: 249604 blocks containing 1,8 GiB bytes
total. Sample cache size: 0 B
Server String: /run/user/****/pulse/native
Library Protocol Version: 28
Server Protocol Version: 28
Is Local: yes
Client Index: 6
Tile Size: 65472
User Name: ****
Host Name: ****
Server Name: pulseaudio
Server Version: 4.0
Default Sample Specification: s16le 6ch 44100Hz
Default Channel Map: front-left,front-left-of-center,front-center,
                     front-right, front-right-of-center,rear-center
Default Sink: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_14.2.analog-surround-51
Default Source: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_14.2.analog-surround-51.monitor
Cookie: 009f:62d3

output of aplay -L:

default
    Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server
null
pulse
    PulseAudio Sound Server
hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
    HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 0
    HDMI Audio Output
dmix:CARD=Generic,DEV=3
    HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 0
    Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=Generic,DEV=3
    HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 0
    Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=Generic,DEV=3
    HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 0
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=Generic,DEV=3
    HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 0
    Hardware device with all software conversions
sysdefault:CARD=SB
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
surround41:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
surround50:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
surround51:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
surround71:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
iec958:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Digital
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
dmix:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    Direct sample mixing device
dmix:CARD=SB,DEV=1
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Digital
    Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    Direct sample snooping device
dsnoop:CARD=SB,DEV=1
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Digital
    Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
hw:CARD=SB,DEV=1
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Digital
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    Hardware device with all software conversions
plughw:CARD=SB,DEV=1
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Digital
    Hardware device with all software conversions

the output of alsa-info.sh is too long and attached

I also tried pulseaudio -k --log-level=4 --log-target='file:pulse.log',
but the file stays empty...

Dennis Heuer
einz at verschwendbare-verweise.seinswende.de