[pulseaudio-discuss] SB Omni surround 5.1 microphone with speaker PulseAudio 8.0 not working simultaneously

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Feb 25 14:51:43 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 15:27 +0100, Nazar Mokrynskyi wrote:
> Unfortunately it doesn't help.
>
> It was 7.1 as packaged in Ubuntu 16.04:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/xenial/+source/pulseaudio
>
> I can compile custom build to give you some more debug information, just
> let me know what to do exactly.
>
> Also I can even give access to VM with this sound card to play with it live.

I'd like to know if the problem is absent on the plain upstream 7.1
release, and occurs on the plain upstream 8.0 release. If that is the
case, then we should be able to pinpoint the exact commit that
introduced the regression with git bisect.

If you do the bisecting yourself, the easiest way to see whether the
build works is to run "pactl list cards" and check if the SB card has
the "output:analog-stereo-output+input:analog-stereo-input" profile.