[pulseaudio-discuss] How to change the sink's priority in PulseAudio?

Michal Suchanek hramrach at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 09:12:27 PST 2016

Hello,

On 15 January 2016 at 18:28, Лежанкин Иван <abyss.7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder on how to set the sink's priority in PulseAudio. I want some
> devices to override others when they get connected. But the source code
> inspection shows that the priority is calculated by hardcoded heuristics and
> can't be modified from outside (cli, dbus, ...). Is it true, or do I miss
> something?

There does not seem to be any setting for this.

Also even when the priority is higher existing streams are not going
to be redirected. You either have to restart the application or use
some pulseaudio foo to redirect the stream by hand.

So in the end you probably want the scripts that switch playback
between different sinks manually regardless of priority

HTH

Michal