[pulseaudio-discuss] Using module-combine-sink with intermittent devices

Felipe Sateler fsateler at debian.org
Tue Jan 19 17:19:06 PST 2016

On 19 Jan 2016 18:53, "Ahmed S. Darwish" <darwish.07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 11:47:50PM -0300, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> >
> > On 18 January 2016 at 23:25, Arun Raghavan <arun at accosted.net> wrote:
> >
> > > This should be okay. I thought systemd has (or was going to have) a
> > > mechanism for per-user services to come up at boot, but I might've
> > > been imagining this.
> >
> > You can enable linger on your user, then your enabled user services
> > should start up at boot and exit at shutdown.
> >
> > You'd need to add yourself to the audio group, however, because
> > otherwise you'd loose access to the sound device when not logged in.
> >

> Shouldn't PulseAudio's systemd logind integration (module-systemd-login)
> be disabled in that case?

No, why would you do that? The login integration is meant to prevent the
daemon from exiting on idle as long as there is an active user session .
This is still useful if daemon initialization is slow.

Having an always active pulseaudio socket does not necessarily mean having
an always active daemon.

Saludos