[pulseaudio-discuss] A2DP AAC streaming Decoder

Arun Raghavan arun at accosted.net
Thu Jan 21 19:43:48 PST 2016

On 21 January 2016 at 17:49, Hong-Rong Lin <physicist96 at yahoo.com.tw> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I would like to decode AAC frames from A2DP packets, and feed AAC data into AAC audio decoder to output audio, ie, Bluetooth speaker function supporting AAC streaming.
> I have found there are sbc_decode() source code in pulseaudio-2.1, but I cannot find aac_decode().
> Could all of you tell me how to get the aac_decode() source code in the internet? Thanks a lot.

My ideal solution for this would be to introduce an AAC format that
PulseAudio can directly provide, and clients can then deal with
decoding.

The challenge here is that you would need to deal with variable
bytes<->time conversion, which will potentially throw off latency
calculations. This should be solvable, though.

Regards,
Arun