[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 8.0 is out!
arun at accosted.net
Thu Jan 21 23:51:25 PST 2016
I'm pleased to announce the availability of PulseAudio 8.0. A short
summary of the changes in this release:
* Automatic routing more likely to change profile
* OS X and NetBSD support improvements
* Systemd journal logging for clients
* New LFE balance programming interface
* Module-dbus-protocol improvements
* More flexible configuration file handling
* pulsecore-8.0.so moved to a private directory
* New script for measuring memory consumption
* Various bug fixes and small improvements
Of note to packages is the availability of a more flexible
configuration for distribution-specific config, and the change in
installation path of the libpulsecore.
A more detailed changelog is up at:
The release is at the usual place:
To all 31 contributors in the git logs, and everyone else who's been
actively helping on IRC and Bugzilla -- thank you!
Cheers and a good weekend,
More information about the pulseaudio-discuss