[pulseaudio-discuss] Write callback during stream setup

Alexandros Chronopoulos achronop at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 04:20:00 UTC 2016

I wonder if I can de-activate the auto call of write callback existing
before uncork a stream.

Reading the documentation I had the impression that if *prebuf *attribute
is set to 0 and make use of PA_STREAM_START_CORKED flag in playback
connect, playback will not start automatically. In practice using the above
does not prevent the write callback to be triggered once during the setup.

In order to achieve the desired behavior I register the write callback
after calling the connect method and after stream get in ready state. In
addition I had to combine this with the configuration above (prebuf == 0
and the flag set). If prebuf==-1 and the flag is set with this workaround
write callback is never called even after uncork the stream

My question is if this is a valid method to achieve the desired behavior
and if not which is the best way to do it?

Thanks!