[pulseaudio-discuss] Multiple Bluetooth sources

Philippe Latulippe philippe.latulippe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:12:44 UTC 2016

Hello!

I would like to connect many Bluetooth sources (devices that emit
audio over bluetooth) and listen to them simultaneously. I am using
Pulseaudio 5.0 and BlueZ 5.23.

I managed to connect a single device and listen to it using the
loopback module. But when I try to connect a second device, it
immediately disconnects.

Using hcidump, I can see that it all goes wrong with this packet, sent
by the device receiving audio:

< ACL data: handle 62 flags 0x00 dlen 10
    L2CAP(d): cid 0x0042 len 6 [psm 25]
      AVDTP(s): Discover rsp: transaction 0 nsp 0x00
        ACP SEID 1 - Audio Source
        ACP SEID 2 - Audio Sink (InUse)

Notice how the sink is marked as InUse. After seeing this, the source
ends the Bluetooth connection.

It would seem that a BlueZ sink can only be used by one device. Is
Pulseaudio supposed to register multiple endpoints with BlueZ, one for
each device? Or is this an issue with BlueZ?

Cheers,
Philippe