[pulseaudio-discuss] Volume ramping APIs

Sangchul Lee sangchul1011 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:16:59 UTC 2016

Dear Tanu and Jeong Yeon

>> Recently, I noticed volume ramping patches are currently staging at below
>> link:
>> https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2012-August/014351.html
>>
>> I looks nice feature but, they didn't accepted to upstream.
>> Anyone who share us any information or history? Or, any plans to apply them
>> in future?
>
> I talked about this topic with Sangchul Lee a while ago in IRC. I'll
> copy the IRC log here, it should answer your questions:

> <sangchul1011> tanuk: ok, first of all, I'll prepare resubmit the patches except client APIs in april, after then adding the fade in/out feature to ducking module.
> <sangchul1011> tanuk: thanks for your opinion.
> <tanuk> sangchul1011: You're welcome :)

First of all, I'm sorry for my late reply.
I'm still eager to merge that feature in upstream. Because of some
other tasks regarding Tizen 3.0, I did not prepare the re-submit.

Here's my new plan.
In early July, I'll prepare to re-submit that patches. And then I'll
try to make the fade feature on ducking module "by July".

Of course, I'll share this task with mailing list.
Any tips or advice about it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Best regards,
Sangchul Lee.