[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio-discuss Digest, Vol 59, Issue 34

Steven Wawryk stevenw at acres.com.au
Mon Mar 21 01:46:34 UTC 2016

> >I'm trying to integrate an ALSA driver I've written for an embedded
> platform with PulseAudio 4.0.  The "soundcard" has 32 channels, of which
> I'm trying to use 24.  The dummy and loopback ALSA devices come up as cards
> 0 and 1.  My device comes up as card 2.
>> >
>> >My simple loopback of 2 groups of 12 channels (loopback-2x12.pa) works,
> though the output is somewhat distorted.
>> >
>> >When I input from the card source (alsa_input.2) and try to output with
> RTP (rtp-send-2x12.pa, and the simpler precursor rtp-send-2x12 (copy).pa),
> there is some initial network traffic then alsa_input.2 suspends due to
> being idle, as at the end of pa_output.txt.  I'm having trouble trying to
> understand why it thinks alsa_input.2 is idle.
>> >
> You probably need to use the inhibit_auto_suspend module argument on
> module-rtp-send.
Thanks Arun.

This feature appears to have been introduced in version 5.0.  I am
trying to get it upgraded to a later version but not sure if I can.

Either way. isn't this argument about suspending when idle?  The primary
issue here seems to be that PA thinks it's idle when it shouldn't be.
Even if I can upgrade and put this argument in, will the stream be idle?

Steve