[pulseaudio-discuss] Using native HSP support

DaCosta, Alexandre Alexandre.DaCosta at phonak.com
Mon Mar 21 14:20:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm currently using a recent Raspbian release (kernel 4.1.18) with BlueZ 5.38 and Pulseaudio 8.0. I would like to enable the HSP profile to send audio from my raspberry to my headphones. I can discover and pair the device and even get music with A2DP.

However, when I switch to HSP (using pavucontrol), I get the following error : "backend-native.c: connect(): Function not implemented".

With pactl list cards, I get the following regarding Bluetooth :
        Profiles:
               headset_head_unit: Headset Head Unit (HSP/HFP) (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 20, available: yes)
                a2dp_sink: High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink) (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 10, available: yes)
                off: Off (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)

So it seems that HSP profile is available. I tried to revert to pulseaudio 7.1 and 6, but the result is the same. Any idea of what could cause this issue ?

Thanks !
Alex

********************
Legal Notice:
The information in this electronic transmission may contain confidential or
legally privileged information and is intended solely for the individual(s)
named above. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized agent,
you are hereby notified that reading, distributing, or otherwise
disseminating, copying or taking any action based on the contents of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this
transmission is illegal under law. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender by telephone [at the number indicated above/
on +41 58 928 0101] as soon as possible and then destroy all copies of this
transmission.