[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio overwrites correct channel mapping provided by alsa

Dennis Heuer einz at verschwendbare-verweise.seinswende.de
Thu Mar 24 13:26:53 UTC 2016

Hello,

I already wrote to this list and provided some incorrect temporary
information. Because nobody answered, I went to the alsa mailinglist
and got the case corrected. Here's the new stand (also see the
appendix):

--- cite ---

Dennis Heuer wrote:
> Dennis Heuer <einz at verschwendbare-verweise.seinswende.de> wrote:
> I now updated to linux 4.4.0.13.

Oops, the valid values actually begin at 3.  This channel map is
correct: 3:front left, 4:front right, 5:rear left, 6:rear right,
7:front center, 8:LFE

PulseAudio's map:
> front-left,front-left-of-center,front-center,
> front-right, front-right-of-center,rear-center
would be the equivalent of 3,12,7,4,13,11.  This is not what the driver
tells it; this appears to be a bug in PulseAudio.

Regards,
Clemens

---

I did put this line in default.pa, which worked but without effect:

load-module module-alsa-sink
sink_name=alsa_output.pci-0000_00_14.2.analog-surround-51 device_id=1
channels=6
channel_map=front-left,front-right,rear-left,rear-right,front-center,lfe

Dennis Heuer
einz at verschwendbare-verweise.seinswende.de