[pulseaudio-discuss] Front audio panel "forgets" state after reboot, no sound until replug

紅 蒼穹 chrno-sphered at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 12:47:00 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm using pulseaudio 8.0 on arch linux x64 with the KDE desktop. I have my speakers connected to the rear panel of my ALC889 soundcard and the headphones are connected to the front panel.
When I connect the headphones, the sound gets redirected to the front panel as expected. However, if I let them plugged in and restart, then there is neither any sound from the rear panel, nor the front panel.

To get the sound working again, I have to unplug the headphones. Any Idea what might be causing this, and is there a way to make it remember I have my headphones plugged into the front panel?
Please tell me if you need more info.

Regards,
Soukyuu.