[pulseaudio-discuss] Add filter to module-switch-on-connect

mudrunka at spoje.net mudrunka at spoje.net
Sun May 1 02:06:33 UTC 2016

Hello,
i've understood that i can use module-switch-on-connect to automatically
switch to bluetooth speaker as soon as it gets connected. However i
don't want this to happen for ethernet sinks. We have like 8 IP sinks in
our network (randomly connecting and disconnecting - each station in our
office has public pulseaudio server), so i guess it would be complete
mess. But i'd still like to use them manually at will, but have it done
automatically for paired bt devices.

So i'd like module-switch-on-connect to have some optional whitelist of
devices, so i can load it like eg.:

load-module module-switch-on-connect
whitelist='bluetooth:*,avahi:192.168.23.0/24,avahi:10.11.23.23'

which would enable automatic switch for bt devices with any MAC, any
avahi-discovered device in 192.168.23.0/24 subnet and avahi device on
10.11.23.23.

What do you think about this concept? is it doable?

THX
  Tomas