[pulseaudio-discuss] Test and Evaluate Echo Cancellation in an Embedded Device

Caio caiortp at gmail.com
Wed May 11 20:11:59 UTC 2016

Hello!

I'm working with a embedded linux and I'm using gstreamer to talk with
other board (voice call).

To test and evaluate my project I'm using the IMX6SABRE Dual Lite Board
 (
http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-processors/i.mx-6-processors/i.mx6qp/sabre-board-for-smart-devices-reference-design-based-on-the-i.mx-6-series:RDIMX6SABREBRD
)

 have the pulseaudio , speex and webrtc installed in my oard,  but with my
tests I didn't have success with echo cancellation

In my testbed I'm using two boards in different rooms, each board has the
same softwares, to test the voice call I'm using a script with gstreamer.

There's some method to test and evaluate the echo cancellation in embedded
environment? Someone has an advice?

I'm loading the module-echo-cancel using this command

pactl load-module module-echo-cancel source_name=echosource
sink_name=echosink aec_method=webrtc sink_master=mastersink
source_master=mastersource

(I change the webrtc to speex in other tests)

The Gstreamer Script (usage ./gstreamer-call.sh ip start)

    #!/bin/sh
    IPDEST=$1

    case "$2" in
       start)
             echo "Starting gstlaunch"
                    gst-launch-1.0 -v \
                            pulsesrc device="echosource"  \
                    ! alawenc ! rtppcmapay ! udpsink port=4000 host=$IPDEST
&
                    gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc
caps="application/x-rtp,media=(string)audio,clock-rate=(int)8000,encoding-name=(string)PCMA"
port=4000 ! \
                            rtppcmadepay ! alawdec ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! \
                            pulsesink device="echosink" \