[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 9.0 RC1

Arun Raghavan arun at arunraghavan.net
Thu May 12 11:15:10 UTC 2016

Hi folks,
I'm pleased to announce that the first release candidate for PulseAudio
9.0 is out. There's a lot of changes that we'll have a detailed
changelog for before the final version is out, but the big ones include
memfd support (off by default), refinements to automatic switching to
HDMI outputs, improvements to our echo canceller (including the addition
of beamforming), and lots of other changes.

>From a packaging perspective, the one change to look out for is the
dependency bump to webrtc-audio-processing 0.2 for the webrtc echo
canceller, which breaks API w.r.t. version 0.1.

You can get the tarball from:

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/pulseaudio/releases/pulseaudio-8.99.1.tar.xz
MD5: 8531a4296603cdb1ef10b6483317b94f
SHA1: 7832de01e5d0ef75748b8318e7dc25b7e46daa0a

Happy testing!
Arun